Saturday, April 11, 2015

Play Ball

Walking through the gates tickets in my hand
On the way to my seats in the stands
Lights shining so big and bright
Getting to witness the greatest stars in the game tonight
The smell of peanuts and hot dog surface in the air
Cheering on our favorite team is what we fans share 
The stadium is filled with my teams threads
All ages showing support from the socks on their feet to the caps on their heads 
A roar of cheers echos as they take the field
Everyone chanting and cheering for them must give them the chills 
Hand over my heart as the national anthem is being singed
Anticipation as everyone is ready to cheer for the team
Everyone on their feet as the ump shouts, "Play Ball"
I gasp for a breathe as the first pitch takes off

Matthew A. Arrant

No comments:

Post a Comment