Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Changed

You caught me at the right time some would say
But at that time I needed to figure out how I was gonna get to those better days
When I was with you I was still boy and I tried acting like the man
I tried to lead the way and I forgot to grab your hand
I left you behind, I let you down, and I let you fall
My ego, my pride, wrapped in my world and that's all
That's all that mattered 
I drove you away, when I really needed you to stay
You never turned your back or walked away
Despite it all
The pain, the tears, the nights when I should of put you first
Damn it hurts, I know I'm the worst
Thinking of how I can make it right
The lonely nights made me realize I'm not right
I'm a boy no man
If I can't get it right myself how I can I get it right with you
Thinking about the time I hurt you, didn't put you first, and this time I thought I love you
The cut digs deep, it's lodged in my heart, you've always been my light in the dark
And my days are dark but in the distance I see you shining
Begging me to do right by you
I want to be my best not only for me but for you
I'm sorry; I'm sorry for everything you've been thru
I'm praying just praying for a chance to grab your hand and show you that I'm a changed man

No comments:

Post a Comment